Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I have a high BAC. Why should I bother to hire an attorney?

This is a rather common question.  I get more than a few phone calls a week where the caller says he/she has a very high BAC (greater than .15%).  Within a few minutes, the caller will always ask me why he/she should even bother to hire an attorney since it's obvious he/she is guilty.  My response is "if you want to plead guilty, hang up the phone and save your money... you don't need me to do that."

In many cases, there is no way to know how strong or weak the evidence against you is until you are deep into the case and reviewing the evidence.  Many times, cases can turn on a single piece of evidence alone.  Sometimes, cases that appeared to be a lost cause early on turn into a solid winnable case based on some evidence obtained or suppressed in the case.  You just never know.

People hire me to fight.  When you have a case that appears hopeless, pick up the phone and call me.  While I can't guarantee you that you'll "beat the rap", I can guarantee you that I will leave no stone unturned and I will press every legal advantage to your benefit.  I guarantee that your case isn't nearly as hopeless as you think it is.